Thursday, January 17, 2008

Comparing shit, blood, and pubic area discharge to fine art only proves that these philosophers were simply trying to make poeple thing outside oF their current frame. That since much of the reading focused upon ideas introduced in the early part of the 20th century i immediately feel the material is dated and overworked. Everything has some form or another wether its waste or gold it bears importance and in one persons mind or another it would be considered sacred.

Its difficult for me to comprehend the idea of formless art forms, my brain is wired to view art and find meaning to the work that is evident. I could be wrong 100% of the time but i'm trying and that satisfies my desire. I think there is a fine line between art, philosophy and philosophy of art. When a Philosopher turns to art to describe a particular matter within his stream of ideas yet lacks the craft to produce quality works i find it somewhat annoying that it becomes titled as art. couldn't there be another means to describe it? Often times i would rather stare at my shit than theirs.

No comments: