Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thought process/ break down

During the last class I took in what everybody was saying. I began to develop ideas for ‘the sacred’ trying to go about it through a Base Materialism way. The discussion involved a lot of input. Water, houses, gates, feelings… I started to day-dream a little bit of running in a 5 K race at Hayward field. My legs were bounding in a high cadence. Then the last three laps came and I pictured myself pulling ahead. I tried to image the feeling and drive that it takes to get through the pain. The Sacred hoped back into my head.
The sacred is different from one person to another, but if through the same experiences ‘the sacred’ can be shared. When all is gone and you need something to pull you back to life or spark your fire, the catalyst, where do you go or what do you use. Then I thought of hierarchy and how meaning plays apart. If you try to base your sacred off of a memory then it can be manipulated through time. When I think of my sacred, I try to break down the hierarchy of meaning and thought process. I guess I am being hypocritical. I think of my running and when I am in a race. Those last few hundred meters come and something other than your mind or body will get you across the tape, if you pushed yourself to personal limit, physical and mental. Then there is something deep down that explodes though your body, maybe it doesn’t make you run faster or accomplish anything great, but it still is there. When you have lowered your perspectives, broken down yourself, I think that is where the sacred lies. Its that spark that gets you going. Nobody can take it away. When everything else is gone, it remains.
Necessary, powerful, spark, within one… a burnt locked chest, a spark inside…

No comments: