Friday, February 8, 2008

Wow Sorry for the neglect guys

So yeah, I have pretty much been getting the psychological crap kicked out of me this week. I did read liquid words somewhere in my self loathing stupor though and I almost comprehended it. kind of but not really. I think that when words leave our minds and become written down they tend to have a very solid quality about them. They become archives and go into volumes and libraries and places as well as different types of existence where they will remain untouched and unchanged in the physical realm. On the other hand, Words in our minds are in constant motion. They are always moving and changing with our thoughts and our memories. They are not solid. Then they come out onto paper or this blog and become more concrete, but then they go into the conscious mind of the people that read them and therefor return to the liquid state. It is as if records are kind of like a freezer of thoughts and the our minds put energy back into them and they are then free to move again. As far as this applying to what we are trying to do with our interpretive text project, I am not entirely sure about how I am going to go about it. It'll come though with enough time to execute hopefully. I just know that I am really going to try to learn more about how to actually work with clay and whatever I come up with will help me move in that direction.

No comments: